
Well, since the house thing didn't work out and I for sure won't be checking that off my "30 List" boo hiss I decided it's time to start on the other
I had a baby almost completely au naturale and have had a kidney stone and I'll just tell you, I would pop out a kid ANY day over a stone. Whew!
So, I still have a long way to go to get to the goal I had originally set for myself. I just want to feel like the old me again and be able to wear all the cute, and probably now out of fashion, clothes that are hanging in my closet. I am so blessed with a husband who loves me and loved me when I looked like Shrek. But I need to love me and feel comfortable with me and that's what I'm after. Plus, I want to be healthy. I want to be active with my son and yada yada yada....it's time to buckle down. I planned to start my diet on fall break, but do you know how much weight I can gain before then? Oh my. There's never a good day to start a diet and there will always be things that make it hard and things you have to overcome. In the words of Garth Brooks, "What we put off til tomorrow must now become today..." Low point of this blog post was when I quoted Garth Brooks. Bless. So because I have done EVERY DIET there has ever been EVER, I know a thing or two about what to do and NOT to do. Here's my list:
DO NOT:
1. DO NOT wait to start a diet until the time is right. The time will never be right. Dieting sucks. Always.
2. DO NOT start a diet when you have your top 5 favorite foods in the whole world sitting in your pantry. That's like starting a painting project without any paint....IMPOSSIBLE. Get the stuff out of your house! For me that means making my husband eat everything that I think looks good and or dumping things in the trash. :)
3. DO NOT wait until you are making your son some yummy pasta and grating cheese over it to start cooking your own dinner. Have yours ready. DIRT is tempting when you are hungry and deprived. Have your dinner ready to eat or chew gum or something to keep from nibbling.
4. DO NOT think that one day of cheating or even one BITE of cheating won't matter. It will. One cheat leads to another, leads to another, leads to another, leads to 50 pounds of cheats!
5. DO NOT get too caught up on numbers. How you feel, look and fit in your clothes is what's important. Ever seen that girl in a size 2 jeans that make her look like a size 16 because they are too small??? Numbers aren't important. Feeling good is.
DO:
1. Make your food in advance. You are less likely to cheat if what you are supposed to have is ready instead of being super hungry and having to choose between taking the time to cook your healthy food or order a pizza. The. Pizza. Will. Win.
2. Keep a food journal and write in it daily. You are less likely to eat it if you have to write it down and have it in your face.
3. Weigh every day. I know a lot of people would disagree here, but I just think it's good to see your progress. AND - if you are having an issue or something is causing you to gain, you catch it immediately rather than 2 days later.
4. Get active. I hate to exercise, but I feel so so SO much better once it's over. Focus on the over part.
5. And last and most importantly...PRAY about it. God cares about what you care about. God wants to see you reach your goals. Pray and ask him for the determination, will power and whatever else you need to get through it. I'll be honest. Sometimes I feel silly asking God to help me lose weight. But then I think....this is my daddy. He LOVES me and wants to see me succeed and do well. Why wouldn't I pray about it?
SO, long post here and thanks for hanging with me if you've made it this far! If we were in my classroom I'd say, "Give yourself two snaps and a clap." LOL. But go ahead if you want to. :)
So tomorrow is DAY ONE of the diet. I will not be posting my weight on here. I won't take you down that dark road with me. But I will be posting my weight LOSS on here. Hopefully daily. We'll see. If you've been thinking about starting a diet....start with me TOMORROW! Accountability is the best motivation. I am holding myself accountable to anyone who reads this! Wish me luck...better yet, say a prayer for me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment