Monday, September 5, 2011

"30 List"

Well, here I am again. This would be attempt number three at keeping up with a blog! I love the idea of this and sharing experiences and using it to keep track of my life, but for whatever reason I can't seem to actually REMEMBER that I have a blog. lol. Anyway, since being back to work full time and juggling those responsibilities on top of wife, mommy, church, etc., I NEED an outlet. I love that my hobbies are my boys these days and wouldn't have it any other way, but momma needs SOMETHING...enter the blog...again. :) Plus I like that I can write the way I talk and therefore don't have to worry about punctuation and can use "..." as much as I want. If you hate the "...", you might as well keep movin' on because it's my favorite... lol... haha. Ok, seriously. :)

I just need somewhere to share school stories, Reid stories, God stories and just what's going on in my head. Right now what's going on in my head is that I am on the road to the big 3-0. *gasp, gag, whatever* Can't stop thinking about it. I have had many things in my life that I've said, "I want to be ________ by the time I'm _________." Like my life plan was to be married by the time I was 25, have my first baby at 27, second baby at 30 and be done. Thank GOD (literally) that He had a better plan for me as I have THE most amazing husband ever and the most precious child anyone could ask for. HE makes all things work together for my good and my little family reminds me of that daily. Having said all that, I do have a "____ by the Time I'm 30 List" and I intend to start working on that list now. When J and I got married and started making plans for our future together I said, by the time I'm 30, I want:

1. To have a baby....CHECK!
2. To love my job....CHECK (despite the recent complaining)
3. To be happy and healthy PHYSICALLY...not so much.
4. To have a house....working on it.


Soooo, 1 and 2 are good! Praise the Lord for my job and my sweet baby boy. 3 and 4 are the ones that are occupying my mind and making me NUTS...so it's time to get serious. I have T-minus 7 months to get these things checked off my list. It's time to say goodbye to the baby weight...and let's face it...the prebaby weight, and work on getting some more space for our little family. We are busting OUT here at the townhouse and are desperate for some more space. The house thing is in the works. We even have an offer in on a house and are waiting patiently to find out what will happen next!! It's a short sale...they take forever...so when I say we are waiting patiently, I really mean that we are ready to camp out in front of the bank until they give us an answer. More on this later.

So now I just need to finish what I started and get this weight off and get back to my normal self. I have a plan...stay tuned :).

I titled my blog "All Things New" because #1. We are newly married...ish, new parents, trying to move into a new house. New, new, new. We are daily asking each other, "What do we do about ____?" and of course neither of us knows because it's all....you guessed it...NEW! The second (and main) reason I titled it "All Things New" is because I serve an incredible God whose mercies are new every morning. I am constantly in awe of how He loves me, blesses me and takes me deeper as I seek Him. I am so undeserving of His grace and yet he makes all things new every day and his love NEVER fails. I am so thankful. On my knees, face to the floor, shouting His name thankful.

Blessings!



Really, what more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment